Jeanne Jugan Residence needs your help!As a mendicant order, (one which relies solely on the charity of others), we do not enjoy any type of endowment or long-term funding. Following in St. Jeanne Jugan’s footsteps, we Little Sisters rely solely on God’s Providence through the generosity of our friends and benefactors to provide for the needs of our Residents. Approximately 60% of the funds needed to operate our Home come from the Residents—most of this is Medicaid reimbursement for nursing care. The remaining 40% of the needed income is generated through fundraising—everything from direct mail campaigns, church collections, legacies and grants, to the many fund raising events held each year. We invite you to consider becoming part of the loving family of the Jeanne Jugan Residence by helping the Little Sisters of the Poor through your prayers, generous gift of self or contributions. Tomorrow’s needs in caring for the elderly can be met by helping today!
Ways to donate:
- Make an online donation
- Mail a check payable to: Little Sisters of the Poor 2999 Schurz Ave. Bronx, NY 10465
- Call 347-329-1800 x 736 to make a credit card donation
- Bequest: Include the Little Sisters of the Poor in your will or estate plan. For information about the correct wording, contact our Development office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matching Gift: Many workplaces will match contributions made by their employees or retirees. Please find out if your employer has a Matching Gift program and obtain a form to send with your gift.
- Tribute funds: These gifts can be in memory of a deceased loved one, or to honor someone’s special occasion such as a birthday or anniversary.
- Gifts in Kind: businesses and individuals donate needed items such as food, personal care items and office supplies.
- Stock and bond transfers: We can accept gifts of stocks and bonds, although they will be sold immediately. Please contact us for the necessary information.
- Foundation and Corporate Gifts: Grants help provide for capital needs and special projects in our Home. Contact our Development Office to suggest organizations that might support our ministry.
Little Sisters of the Poor is a registered 501 (c)(3) public charity. Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Our Federal Tax ID # 13-1884785 For more information on how you can support our Home, please contact Sr. Mary John at email@example.com